|Center for Quality of Life; Burt Woolf
World-for-World Travel to Thailand
|A service-learning travel program you'll never forget!
World-for-World Travel to Thailand is a service-learning adventure led by Burt Woolf. The higher purpose of this 19-day program is to promote global citizenship through cross-cultural immersion and compassionate service in a context of sustainable travel and transformative learning. This program will be a real travel adventure for the small inter-generational group of travelers that Burt will be taking with him:
Five distinct travel experiences:
- Bangkok (5 days in the capital region)
- Chiang Mai (3 days in this northern cultural center)
- Mountain jungles (3 days at the Elephant Nature Park)
- Rural Village Visits (2 days in northern Thailand)
- Mid-south region (5 days at Ban Krud -- a beach side village)
- Workshop on Thai culture with the country's leading authority.
- Private discussions and teaching sessions with several Thai Buddhist Monks.
- 3 days as live-in volunteers caring for rescued elephants at a nature preserve (meet with Lek Chaillert, international elephant conservationist).
- Service to children and adults in need at to one or more sites (e.g. a school, village, etc.).
- Other special projects organized by Thai civic leaders and service organizations.
Thai culture, heritage, natural resources, and spiritual sites and activities:
- Major sites in Bangkok and Chiang Mai
- The ruins of Ayutthaya, ancient capital of Siam
- Several ancient temples.
- River Cruises
- Royal Summer Palace at Bang Pa-in
- The magnificent outdoor Buddha of Wat Thang Sai.
- Jade Factory
- Performances of traditional Thai dance as well as off-beat contemporary entertainment.
Personal down-time options:
- Shopping in Thailand's famous markets, night bazaars, and urban malls.
- Thai massage (not to be missed).
- Great Food!
- Personal side tours and night-life (Bangkok).
- Sun bathing on a glorious stretch of beach on the Bay of Thailand.
Spontaneous adventures are likely to show up at any moment!!